Tuesday 14 September 2010

G'day from down under!!!

G'day from down under guys!

So, after 25 hours of travel, 3 or 4 movies later, enduring some screaming children on the first leg (fun... I love kids so much....) and and a few vodka and cokes on the flight, and I've arrived safety in Brisbane and I'm in Aussie land, hurray! The weather here is amazing, stepped off  the plane into 25 degrees baby!

I'm staying in Brisbane at the mo with my aunt, in the Manly area, which is an awesome water bay village!

Its been my first full day in Brissie/Brisvegas (as the aussie's call it); and I went into town and walked along Morton Bay, which is soo beatuful and has a wicked cool harbour. I had lunch at a fish restaurant, I ate Mahi-mahi, a popular Australian fish, delicious, overlooking the habour! I've been soaking up the atmosphere of Australia, which is very different to the UK: the building are very different, eg some homes are made from timber with tile/tin roofs, this is as it keeps the homes much cooler, everything is priced in Aussie dollars, so I'm getting used to a new currency and the people are very chilled out, the roads are very americianised, which is slighlty strange, and the widlife is very different eg mangrove tress, which grow in the sea, and parrots and kookaburra's (anyone heard the kookaburaa song? I'm sure I was taught it at lower school, ha)!

I have done some boring adult stuff today (unfortunalty) such as setting up an Oz bank account, getting a medicare card (in case I'm ill, fingers crossed I'm not) and a phone, so I can contact you guys! Its been strange without having one for a few days, I felt less connected, lol!

My body clock is still adjusting to the new time zone and getting over jet lag, urgh, and I'm already getting used to the weather, its going to be 25 degrees tomorrow and its only spring, bring on summer, ha!

Tomorrow, the plan is to head into the CBD (central business district) of Brisbane and travelling to South Bank, and catching the city cat, which is a ferry up Brisbane river and then maybe on to the Lone Pine Koala sanctuary or maybe going on a Ballon ride or a theme park, so much to see and explore! So we will see what we are feeling tomorrow!

Until next time,

Angus x

No comments:

Post a Comment